Every week, the girls and I head to the local library for story time. This summer we participated in a summer reading program. The girls
| Reading awards! |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have had a lot of people ask me about my grocery shopping and menus. I have decided to start posting them every Friday!
I work really hard to keep our grocery bill at $60-$75 per week. In order to do that, I HAVE to have a plan BEFORE I go to the store!
| My newly designed menu! |
4 Things to do to stay on budget:
1. Plan your menu
2. Choose Recipes that use a lot of the same ingredients
3. Always take a DETAILED List
4. Never go to the store hungry!
I will be honest, I am not cooking a lot this week. Many of these meals are already in my freezer. I needed to make room in the budget for the ingredients to make laundry soap & I wanted to be able to provide dinner for some friends that are moving.
Ok, Here is our menu for the week (which is written on my fabulous new menus designed by my amazingly talented sister, Cyndie!)
Breakfasts:
Cheese Eggs x 3 (the girls favorite)
Apples & Peanut Butter x 2 (their 2nd Favorite)
Banana Muffins
Crock Pot Cinnamon biscuits & Eggs (This is a new recipe we are trying. I will report back with the verdict!)
Lunches:
Mac & Cheese x 2 (another Favorite)
Cheesy Roll ups & Carrots
PB&J with Grapes
Tuna Melts
Lunch out x 2
Snacks:
Popcorn
Goldfish
Fruit Snacks
Dinners:
Lemon Chicken Casserole
Cajun Chicken Fettuccine
Teriyaki Chicken Stir-fry & brown rice
Dinner out
Snack Quesadillas for Dinner with Friends
Freezer Cooking: I pick 2-3 things every week to double and freeze.
Banana Muffins
Bread Maker:
Slow Cooker:
Cinnamon Biscuits
Extra:
Butter
Frappuccino
I promise to update links to these recipes as I post them. Also, keep an eye on Cyndie Schmidt Designs Etsy Store for our downloadable menu!
I hope this makes planning your own menu a little easier!
Have a delicious weekend!
Much Love!
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment