Hello! I hope everyone has had a fabulous first week of school. Last weekend we decided to take a quick trip to the beach with my sister's family. This was the girls first time to the beach and let me tell you...they LOVED it!!! Coming home from the beach can result in lots of laundry, so today I am going to share my laundry soap recipe!
| Madison being silly on the 3 hour drive. |
| Peyton was a little skeptical about the water at first, so she stuck to making sand castles with Eric. |
| Monster's crashing the castle!!! |
| Peyton LOVES popcorn!!! |
| Me and my love! |
| Daddy & Peyton |
| Being silly |
| Sister Love! |
| Madison |
| Peyton |
| New School supplies!!! |
Now for the laundry soap! My cousin sent me a copy of this recipe, but I am not sure where she got it. I am assuming it was from a blog, but I don't know which one. (So if anyone recognizes this recipe, let me know so I can give the original writer due credit!)
I had been using a different recipe, but I love this one much more. This recipe costs roughly $30 including tax!!! And this makes a LOT!!! From the looks of it this could roughly last me more than 6 months. I am still trying to figure out how many loads it will make because the box got knocked off the dryer. When I get is all figured out I will update this post. :)
Now for the shopping list! Here is what you need...
1-4lb 12oz box of Borax
1-3lb 7oz box of Washing Powder
1-3lb Oxyclean
2-bars Ivory soap
1-4lb box Baking Soda
2-large Purex Crystals (I only used one because the scent was a little too strong for me.)
Grate the soap either with a cheese grater or food processor. Mix all the ingredients together in a "layering" method. Then stir it all up! It will look like this....
When you are ready to wash your laundry, wash as you usually would, but....wait for it...wait for it....you only have to use 1 tablespoon!!! That's right, you read that correctly! For a large load you only need a tablespoon! 2 tablespoons if it is extra dirty! I have been using this for a month and have barely made a dent it the container! As I said before...I am LOVING this stuff!!!
So...here is to happy and frugal laundry!
Much Love!
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment