Mexican Hot Cakes...the original name was Mexican Pancakes, but I couldn't get past thinking of syrup every time I heard pancakes, so I changed it!! I have had several requests for this recipe, so here it is!!!! This comes from E-meals, a meal planning site that I absolutely LOVE!!!! Check it out if you are a busy mom like myself!
You will need:
1lb ground beef
taco seasoning
1 cup self rising cornmeal
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
2 tsp vinegar
2 cups milk
1/4 cup oil
Shredded cheese
Toppings (lettuce, salsa, sour cream, etc.)
Begin by browning meat and adding taco seasoning according to the package directions. Set aside. (I forgot to take a picture at this step!)
Next wisk together the cornmeal, flour, eggs, vinegar, milk and oil in a bowl. Then add your meat and a large handful of cheese. Your mix will look like this! (actually it will be a little thinner, because in typing this I realized I forgot to put in the other cup of milk! Oops! They were still yummy!)
Set your griddle to 300 degrees and using a 1/4 cup measure, pour the mixture onto the hot griddle and cook until they are golden brown, then flip them to cook the other side!
Then top with anything you want! Some suggestions: Lettuce, salsa, cheese, jalapenos, sour cream, etc.
I hope you enjoy them!
No comments:
Post a Comment