Saturday, April 24, 2010

Today was the Circus!


No, today was not A circus, but THE Circus! We took the girls to see The Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus. I hadn't been since I was little, so I was very excited to go. Thanks to Cyndie, that was possible! And thanks to Andy...we had a very scenic drive home through the back roads of Saratoga, Rye and Kountze! The girls did enjoy every moment of the show. They loved the elephants and lions...of course all week I had been telling them we were going to the circus to see the lions and they would growl. The show was amazing with tons of lights and music. There was also a magic show Incorporated in the acts, along the the normal slapstick comedy. The girls did get a little antsy after a while of sitting. So, Eric and I were trying to strategically plan our exit without disturbing the others around us. Luckily we were sitting by some very patient families. We were able to sneak out and find an unoccupied handicap area. We created a playpen out of the chairs and safety rails! We finally got settled when the ringmaster announces there will be a short intermission! Of course...our timing had been off by just 5 minutes!


After the show, we decided to eat at Cracker Barrel! My favorite! There were a lot of us in the group...Eric, myself, our girls, Jenny, Cyndie, Andy and Stella...of course the seat us right in the middle of the resturant. Twins automatically attract attention, but when they are hungry and tired of sitting...they create a scene! Thankfully we survived and the drive home was quiet...both girls passed out before we could get back on the freeway!


I have to say, It was really nice to take a long car ride and talk to Eric. Reminded me of when we were dating. (Which started 8 years ago!) We chit-chatted and laughed, made jokes and had serious discussions...without the tugging of little hands (that I love of course!). The ride was nice...and best of all....we could look in the back seat and see 2 beautifully sleeping girls! I am so very blessed! Today was just perfect! I cannot wait to have more of these days!

We couldn't take pictures during the show, so these are some from before and after! Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment