Monday, April 18, 2011

Old MacDonald had a farm...

Old MacDonald is an all time classic childhood song. The girls love making all the animal sounds, and this particular day Old MacDonald's farm had 3 two year old's and a 3 week old! Yep, My friend, Vanessa and I decided to take the kids to Old MacDonald's Farm! Crazy I know, but we both needed out of the house! So, we loaded up and headed out! 
First a quick snack before the adventure to see all the animals! Marshmallows of course! 

Baby Makenzie along for the ride! She is such a sweet and mild tempered baby! I just love her!


First on our list to do....the ball pit! Which, of course, they loved!


It was quite a climb to the top of the slide, but Peyton was up for the challenge! She is such and adventurous little girl! 




Madison on the other hand took 20 minutes to get to the top of the slide. Needless to say, after much coaxing and "you can do it"s she finally made it down the slide and was not about to go up again! She was quite content to stay in the ball pit after that.

Miss Maddie had been to the farm before and was very excited to show the girls around! 
WEEEEE!!!!!

Peyton went up and down several times! Not even the loads of school kids on field trips slowed her down! She was loving every minute of it!

Next stop, the ferrets. Peyton was studying them very seriously! She loves animals!



The sheep were the girls favorite by far! They were so soft and would eat right out of your hand! Peyton will tell you the story of how the sheep kept nudging her in the side trying to get more food. She tells it so seriously! :)





Best friends in the making! They just love playing together!

Madison checking out the Llama!

There were horses for the girls to ride. I was skeptical that they would actually ride them. I was expecting a complete freak out episode when they realized that I couldn't go with them. But, I was pleasantly surprised! They did amazing! 

Maddie

Madison didn't want to get off! She LOVED being up there! 

Peyton



There was a huge sand pile...er...mountain, in the middle of the park. I'm assuming it was originally created years ago when they dug the swimming pool and it became such a big hit that they kept it and just add more sand every so often! Madison just like to stand at the top and look around. I wonder what thoughts were going through her sweet mind as she looked out over the whole farm! 






In addition to this goat, whom I thought was cute, there were a lot more animals. Cows, pigs, chickens, rabbits, emu, ducks, peacocks, deer, etc. We will definitely be coming back with Eric! They girls went on for a while telling him all about it!


We finished off the day with a train ride around the farm. All the girls were pretty much ready to go by then!




We were barely back on the highway and they were passed out! 



We had a blast at the farm. But man, I was tired by the time we got home! And sun burnt.....VERY sun burnt! Note to self...Don't just put sunblock on the girls...put it on yourself too! Up until just a couple of days ago, I was still peeling! :(

Well, that was the trip to the farm, but here are some pics from our own crazy farm! 

Getting a "pedicure"! These girls know how to relax!



Gotta have some juice and a snack while getting your toes done! 

Memaw and Aunt Christ got the girls some animal markers for Christmas and the girls love them...a little too much! I don't know what the fascination is with coloring on their arms and legs! 


Peyton rubbed her eye's and got pink all over her face. I think this was just  reason to take a bath in the middle of the day!





The new obsession lately is stickers. They LOVE stickers. They don't even have to be cute stickers, garage sale stickers keep them occupied just the same!

This is what happens when you don't wake up when the alarm goes off!







Hehe! I think he secretly like the silly torments! They keep us laughing that's for sure! 

Then there are times when I'm not laughing as much....Like when they decide to color on the floor with pens! 




My mom was the queen of unique punishments. Like when we would slam the back door, we would have to open and close the door 20 times...the RIGHT way. And you better believe that if you slammed it on the last one, you had to start all over again. Or, when we thought it was "cool" to spit on the ground...our punishment...spitting in a Dixie cup until we filled it to the top!  I could go on, but I won't. That being said, when the girls decided to color on the white platform with pens, you better believe they cleaned it up themselves! They haven't done it since! :)


Well, goodness, I think that is all I have for you this time! I am going to bed! Good night! 
Much love!



No comments:

Post a Comment