Tuesday, January 20, 2009
The Begining of our Family
In May 2008, Eric and I found out we were expecting our first baby. To our surprise, we found out we would be having twins. And I know what most are thinking....was it invitro? (Don't worry, everyone asked that question.) The answer is no. Twins run in the family. My grandfather has a twin sister, and I was the 2nd generation after that so of course it would be me that would have twins. Well, on December 25th, I delivered beautiful twin girls. Madison Jane arrived first via cesarean followed by Peyton Alexis. Madison weighed 4lbs 7oz and was 17 inches long, Peyton weighed 4lbs 1oz and was also 17 inches long. Aside from their size and being just a little jaundice, they were healthy and didn't need any medical attention. The doctors did however find that Peyton had a heart murmur. They ordered an Echocardiogram (an ultrasound of the heart), and determined that she has a hole in the lower chambers of her heart. We were referred to a Pediatric Cardiologist at University of Texas Specialty Pediatrics; we have an appointment with them in a few weeks. The girls stayed in the NICU for 2 weeks and we brought them home on January 12th. Fortunatly during those 2 weeks, I was able to stay with Eric's Aunt and Uncle in Spring, which was only 10 minutes from the hospital. Eric had to come back to Livingston to run the salon. But we are home now and it has been quite hectic. We are very grateful to everyone who brought food, washed and folded clothes, and changed diapers. We will never be able to thank everyone enough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment